A- Choose the correct answer from a,b,c or d:
1 I find it very difficult to (do –get- come-make ) decisions quickly.
2 Scientists are still ( doing – researching – retiring- trying) into making cars safer.
3( Because – While – If- Although )I was out shopping, I saw three of my friends
4 My uncle does not enjoy ( drive – to drive – driven – driving )in big cities.
5 All my sisters are married, but my brother is still ( one -single -alone -free )
6 It is not kind to (make –do- have – laugh )fun of people because of the way they speak.
7 You have to study for a long time( while – but – although – if ) you want to train to be a doctor.
8 Have you ever ( meet – met – meeting – meets) a famous person?
9 While I( am walking – was walking – had walked – walk ) home, I saw some of my friends.
10 The people of Lilliput ( put – fell- tied– made) Gulliver to the ground so that he couldn’t escape from school.
11 Football and hockey are (team – group – individual – pack ) sports.
12 I want to become ( an -a -the- any) doctor when I finish university.
13 I’m hoping to study French ( literature – books – novel – writers) at university.
14 My brother is quite a/an ( pessimistic – unhappy – optimistic- cruel) person. He always thinksthe worst is going to happen.
15 Next Saturday, I’m going ( for visit – visit – to visit – visiting ) my aunt.
16 People who ( find -borrow – capture – steal) from shops should be punished.
17 The north of Egypt is on( a- an- the- its ) Mediterranean Sea.
18 There’s a history programme on TV tonight. I think you ( are enjoying – enjoy – will enjoy -are going to enjoy )it.
19 Azza is the( intelligent- more intelligent- less intelligent- most intelligent) student in our class.
20 I think it’s absolutely ( surprising-tiring- unusual– amazing)that people climb mountains without oxygen.
21 Ahmed is at the station(who- which – when – where) he’s meeting his grandfather.
22 The first person (which – that – he – what) spoke English to me was my uncle.
23 My cousin,( who-who’s-which–whose)father is my mother’s brother, is three years younger than me.
24 When he was five years old, my brother ( use – uses – used – used to)watch all the children’s TV programmes.
25 Where did you use to play when you were a/an ( toddler -adult – parent – leader)?
26 Some countries have( sold -bought – traded – business) with each other for thousands of years.
27 International corporations(buy – employ – distribute- take) workers in many different countries.
28 My cousin hopes to take ( place – care – off – part)in the next Olympic Games.
29 International sport can( afford – admire – benefit – distribute) individuals and their countries.
B- Choose the correct answer from a,b,c or d:
1. Make (up – sure- do – like ) you eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
2. Lisa, (who- who’s- whose –that) in my class at school, is very good at English.
3. Rice is the main(food- crops- fruit – ingredient ) of tonight’s dish.
4. Ahmed had a very busy morning. By the time he stopped for lunch,he(had made – made – has made- had been making) 17 phone calls.
5. That’s the person( whose – who’s – which – who ) mobile phone I borrowed when I lost mine.
6. How long(had you wait-had you been waiting-have you been waiting-have you waited ) before your train arrived?
7. We all went (aboard- abroad- ashore – ahead) when our ship came to port.
8. Children sometimes hurt (them – themselves – himself – ourselves) when they are playing.
9. They’re building hundreds of new houses on the ( outskirts- centre – roads – blocks) of the city.
10. My friend lives in a flat which ( sees-watches-overlooks–looks)the market. It’s always very noisy.
11. William Shakespeare is more famous (for -by -from –of) his plays than his poems.
12. Nobody knows the real reason for the film’s popularity (with -to -for –of) viewers.
13. Huda loves English, but she’s not very good (for -at -by – with) maths.
14. When did you find (from -out -of -about) that you had won the prize?
15. That little black car belongs (to -for –with-by) my uncle.
16. I play lots of sports, but I’m not very keen(to -on –for-at) watching sport on TV
17. When I finish university, I’m going to apply (to -with –at- for) a job abroad.
18. In 1918, millions of people all over the world died (of – for- at – with ) Spanish flu.
19. You weren’t at school yesterday, so how did you find out(with -about – from– of ) the homework
20. Azza is very interested( in –to –of –for ) medicine.
21. We (sorry – regret- disappointed- apologise )to inform passengers that Flight 659 will be an hour late.
22. My ( want – ambition – announcement ) is to become a children’s doctor.
23.He was naughty as a child, but now his( behave-behaviour – behaving- behaved ) is much better.
24. While waiting for the train to leave, the passengers (said-told-chatted-conversation) to each other
25. He writes great poems. He’s my favourite ( poet – musician – pilot – singer)
26. If the train (didn’t break- doesn’t break – hadn’t broken – won’t break) down, I wouldn’t have been late.
27. The stones they used to build Stonehene (were – was -is –are) brought from Wales.
28. If you had put the water in the freezer, it(turned-turns-would turn-would have turned) to ice.
29. It is believed that the Temple of Edfu was(start- starts -starting -started) in the year 237 BC.
30. The( paramedics-engineers- patients –directors) took the injured man into the emergency room.
31. The company my father works for has a( group- staff – crew – population) of 250 people.
32. That man should stop ( discussing- saying-interfering-disagreeing )It has nothing to do with him.
33. Crichton ( produced- acted – wrote- built) some fantastic books.
34. We would all be healthier if cars were ( stopped – banned- driven- refused ) from city centres.
35. We could(save – reduce – help – make ) global warming if we used more energy from the sun.
36. If they want to book a flight to London, they(must – could- need – mustn’t ) to do it soon. Flights to London are very busy.
37. It’s difficult to get into a good university. You ( need- should- can -must ) work really hard.
38. The information you are looking for can( find –be found -finds – found)
on the internet.
39. At school, we are (being taught-teaching – been taught – been teaching) how to revise for our exams.
40. I wonder if I ( borrows – borrow – could borrow -would borrow) your camera this afternoon